However, achieving high rankings on Google isn’t as easy as it used to be as many things have changed, meaning the more spammy links you have, the more you’re likely to be penalised.
Whether you are using a UK SEO company to help you along your way or are choosing to do it in house, it’s important to understand and acknowledge the power a penalty can have on your website. According to Google’s SEO guru, Matt Cutts, Google is initiating over 400,000 manual actions every single month so it’s important to ensure you are practising good SEO.
Here we are going to talk you through the two main Google algorithms set to potentially destroy any website that is practising the wrong SEO methods: Panda and Penguin. They sound pretty cute and adorable right? You couldn’t be more wrong.
While there are a variety of London SEO services available who can educate you, it’s worth reading on...
What is Google Panda?
The Google Panda update is here. It’s inevitable. And it won’t stop. This is one of Google’s most well known search engine algorithms, known very well for removing businesses from Google.
This algorithm is based around spam content and keyword stuffing on your website and your blog, while any UK SEO company will discourage this; many websites do it without even noticing.
Here are five key tips to help you combat the Panda algorithm and keep your website safe:
1. Separate your low quality content – you can do this by blocking the indexing of any low quality content on your website. You should also double check whether your website has any duplicate content or H1/H2 tags and change this
2. Focus on unique content – the whole point of Panda is to stop content farms from duplicating and spinning content, so steer clear of this
3. Concentrate on authority – trust and authority matter to Panda so keep this in mind. This should also be acknowledged when you are link building
4. Don’t over advertise – It’s important to ensure that you don’t have too many ads on your website as this can reduce page load speed and user experience
5. Track Panda updates – It’s really important to keep on top of the latest algorithms. So study the latest updates and try to cater for the next one; your UK SEO company should be able to do this for you
What is Google Penguin?
Google Penguin update is largely based upon those websites that are spamming the search results by purchasing bad links and practising black hat SEO. Once the Penguin algorithm is rolled out you will see a large number – if not all – of websites practising this method removed from the search results all together or simply demoted.
Here are three tips to help you keep Penguin safe:
1. Don’t purchase spammy links – stay well away from any purchased links as this will be caught by the algorithm immediately and ruin your SEO campaign
2. Link build carefully – when beginning your link building strategy you should only be working with high quality websites that have a higher page rank than your own. Steer clear of any discredited and spammy websites as this will cause you to get hit by the next update
3. Good content – the best way to get authoritative sites and bloggers to link to your website is to create fresh, unique content that they will want to share.
It is really important that you remain on top of Google’s game and ensure that you know what they are planning for their next attack.
The best UK SEO company can help you with this and there are plenty of affordable options available for those interested in these services.
Any good UK SEO company will ensure that your campaign is as organic and natural as possible without employing any black hat tricks. So, be sure to keep researching what is going on in the SEO fore and keep pumping out that quality content to get the attention you want...for the right reasons.